Ashlar Court is located Hammersmith and was designed in 1938 by influential architects Burnet, Tait & Lorne as a home for the nurses working in the adjacent Royal Masonic Hospital which won the RIBA Gold Medal in 1933.

The Grade II Listed building's distinctive brick form was designed to complement the Hospital in the same Dudok influenced Moderne style. The projecting copper canopies, curved windows and stair towers placed at the end of the accommodation wings around central landscaped gardens, lending it an imposing but protective form. The buildings original use became redundant as nursing practices changed and the building was placed on the English Heritage at Risk Register.

Completed in 2014 the new proposals sensitively converted the existing building into 68 units and included cooper and glass rooftop pavilion extensions and detached dwellings within the grounds. The principal challenge was the subdivision of a building designed for a specific purpose with compact bedrooms and generous communal spaces to suit modern expectations for both open market and shared equity accommodation.